Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quiet House, Lonely Mom


The kids had their first day back to school yesterday. Daddy got them up and out the door and I woke up to a quiet house for the first time in 2 months and didn't really like it. It was too quiet, too... lonely.

Other years by the time summer came to an end, I was ready for the kids to go back to school. The mommy entertain me, mommy I need a ride, mommy.... wore on me and then the constant bickering, all made it so I was ready for those 7 hrs of quiet every day, plus I could clean the house in the mornings and know it would be clean for a few hours.

But this year things are different, I missed the kids when they were away all day. Missed having someone home all day and it made me think about when they go off to college (Matthew will be off in 5 more years). Not sure I am ready to go there yet.

Why the change this year? I am not sure, but I know that I do value my time with the kids more. And then the kids came home from school and immediately started in on each other, bickering and irritating each other, and I had to rethink my thoughts about them going to school, but the house is still too quiet during the day.

1 comment:

  1. My house is too quiet without the kids, as well. Time seems to move slower. But soon we'll adjust and get more time for ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete