Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bittersweet



The last time we went to Stony Brooke State Park was July 4th. I was 14 wks pregnant and happy. We had so much fun that day, and then we found out 3 days later that Robert had passed away and we were no longer pregnant.

Today we returned to Stony Brooke and it was bittersweet for me. This time I was able to slide down the slides, but I remember sitting there and having to wear my maternity swim suit. Would I give up the time with my family today, no. But there are times I wish I could go back to feeling how I did that last time.

Today was bittersweet and times like this will pop up now and then and remind me of where I had been. Two pregnancy losses in one year have been hard, and I sometimes it hits me that I should be 24 or 32 weeks pregnant (depending on which pregnancy you go by). And at those moments I just want to cry.

I wonder how I will feel as the due dates approach, never before have I had a due date approach and not been in my third trimester of another pregnancy.

3 comments:

  1. ((((Hugs)))) I have these same feelings all the time. So many mixed emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your heartbreak. Please know that I have you in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete